Shine Football Academy's team of qualified and experienced coaches offer supportive football coaching environment for boys and girls of all abilities. Based on grass and or/ concrete, the children will be put into the appropriate age and/or skill groups to ensure they get the most out of their day. Boots and trainers should both be brought to make the best of the day.
Drop off can be at the Shine Community Sports Hall or at Elmlea Junior School.
Should you need it, we are running a free walking bus to Elmlea leaving the Shine Community Sports Hall at 10am sharp. This is a morning service only for children going to Elmlea and children should be collected from their activity venue. Please add walking bus onto your booking as you go through the booking system.
- Clothing that are appropriate for the chosen activity
- Packed lunch (excluding nut products)
- Water bottle - Available to buy from The Shine Shop
- Shin pads (essential) - Available to buy from The Shine Shop
- Football trainers and boots
- Long socks
A Shine Football Academy day divides into three core sessions with the focus on basic skills and technical work in the mornings followed by the ever popular small-sided football competitions in the afternoons so that players can put their new skills into practice!
Sessions are always lead by an experienced coaches with relevant FA qualifications. Players will be put into appropriate age and ability groups and have an opportunity to improve all aspects of their football experience including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Controlling the ball with both feet
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game and its laws
- Fair Play - learning to win and lose
In addition, players will get an opportunity to enjoy some soccer-themed fun games such as penalty shoot-outs, King-of-the-Ring and Robin Hood plus many more.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Shine Holiday Club's presentation ceremony takes place from 15:45-16:00 every day. A 'Star of the Day' award will presented, in each different holiday club activity, to a child or children who has excelled during the day.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
Shine's extended hours service is called 'Working Day Option'. The service allows working parents/carers the option of an early arrival time from 08.00 and/or a late departure time before 18.00. Children attending the extended hours will be supervised by Shine staff and offered a variety of free play outdoor and indoor activities. The cost and time details are as follows:
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions