Our Football Club is split into specific year groups and so this popular after school football club for Year 2 children from Westbury-on-Trym Academy during term time. The sessions are based outdoors and provide an ideal opportunity for boys and girls with an interest in football to attend well structured, healthy and enjoyable sessions with an experienced team of supportive staff.
Shine welcome children of all abilities to this enjoyable and inclusive activity. Players will get the chance to improve their football in all the essential skills including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game
In addition to improving the participants knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
As long as the guidelines allow, each session will end with small sided matches in which the teams will be divided into appropriate age groups and put the new skills they have learned into practice.
- Cancellation and amendment policy requires 6 days notice to receive a credit or refund.
- Signing in and out will mirror the school procedures and you will pick up where you would usually collect your child from school.
- The club will only run with minimum numbers booked. We will cancel the club and credit/refund in the event the minimum numbers are not met.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis each term.
- Shine’s staff are DBS checked, first aid trained and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Booking is essential. If you aren't booked on the activity by 12.00 on that day, your child will not be on our register and therefore be taken back to the school office. Late bookings after 12.00 can be made by calling 01174 033 033
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions