Designed to be a fun and supportive first exposure to the game of Netball for boys and girls in Year 1 - this inclusive session will allow children to learn the basics of Netball, and set them up for participating in our Shine Hotshots teams when they are older!
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate.
The focus of sessions will include:
- Attacking (shooting and build up around the D)
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork and landing with 2 feet)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and team work
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s experienced team are first-aid trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified netball instructors.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions