This workshop will be under the ethos of enjoyment and participation whilst introducing the fundamentals of Rugby League. Shine has partnered with the All Golds Rugby League, Bristol's leading club for Rugby League to deliver the touch version of the game which is minimal contact. It will be age appropriate and offers great inclusivity. We are aware that for most children, this will be their first experience of Rugby League and therefore this is the tag/touch version of the game.
The All Gold have strong links to the RFL and are creating a pathway for young players in Bristol to play in a professional set up.
- Water bottle - Please bring more than one drink for the day to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Packed lunch including all snacks you might want during the day. (No nut products please)
- Clothing that is appropriate for the chosen activity and the weather. Children will have shelter but will be outside all day.
- Based on grass and hard court, please bring boots, trainers and long socks in order to make the best of the day.
These well structured tag rugby sessions are designed to encourage children to explore all the basic rugby skills and techniques of this enjoyable and dynamic team sport. The sessions will focus on the core disciplines including;
- Catching the ball
- Running with the ball
- Kicking and running
- Working as a team
- Learning the basic laws of rugby
Shine's highly imaginative and engaging rugby sessions are delivered by qualified, experienced coaches with an interest in rugby. The staff are there to support the children every step of the way on their journey of exploration using small sided games and fun based rugby practices.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions