The hugely popular Saturday morning cricket sessions benefit newcomers to hard ball cricket as well as experienced youth players alike. Each week the team of qualified coaches will deliver a programme that will improve the participants techniques, skills and knowledge in the key disciplines of bowling, batting and fielding. Join us every Saturday morning for a positive experience and a chance to enjoy the No1 summer sport with children from different clubs and schools.
Please pay cash on the day.
The programme is based around improving participants skills, techniques and knowledge of the essential aspects of hard ball cricket - with the emphasis in learning through enjoyment and building confidence in a safe sporting environment. Each session will utilise the excellent facilities on offer at Golden Hill Sports and the content will include:-
- Batting: Good shot selection, improving concentration, basic defence, overview of core shots (pull, sweep and cut), finding the gaps, pacing an innings, using your feet against spin and specialist shots (i.e. hitting over the top)
- Bowling: Improving consistency, line & length, swing bowling, understanding spin bowling and the field placings using variations of pace and 'bowling at the death’.
- Fielding: Technical aspects of fielding and wicket-keeping including, backing up, boundary sweeping and slip catching.
- Knowledge of the game: Field placings, cricketing terminology, watch cricket themed DVD's over break times and learn the basic rules.
- Competitive match play: Junior versions of 20/20, One Day Test Matches and a variety of other match formats.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Children will not be able to participate in batting drills or matches without a protective box.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions