Shine Lions Under 8's Cricket Development Squad is now open for booking! Shine will provide an exciting opportunity for children of all abilities to develop their cricket skills and knowledge in a supportive outdoor environment with our qualified, experienced and friendly coaches.
Delivering a fun session with a cricket development programme over 11 weeks, with our qualified cricket team working towards an end of summer tournament. As part of the package, participants will receive an official Shine Club Cap.
In the event of wet weather, we have the option to move our location and play on astro or if it becomes unplayable and the session is cancelled, you will automatically be credited for the cancelled session. Any changes to the session due to the weather will be communicated to you by your coach.
Please note there isn't a session running on session Sat 4th June on the Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend.
- Footwear and clothing that are appropriate for the chosen activity. Closed toe trainers are essential.
- Traditional cricket 'whites' (recommended, but not essential)
- Suncream if appropriate. The Shine coaches are unable to apply suncream to your child
- Water bottle
- Shine will provide any equipment required although children are welcome to bring their own cricket equipment, please ensure you remember to take it with you at the end of the session!
Shine Lions Cricket's U8's's development squad for 11 weeks commencing Saturday 7th May and running for 11 weeks thereafter from 08:45-09:45 (no session Saturday 4th June) at Golden Hill Cricket Club. We will be using the back entrance of the Cricket Club, situated at the end of Henleaze Park Drive on Ridgehill, BS9 4SB. You will be contacted before the start of the session if the weather is unsuitable and we are unable to play.
The 11 week soft ball cricket coaching programme will involve a combination of match situations, skills drills and cricket themed exercises with an emphasis on healthy fun.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- This activity is available to children from any school, providing they are of the correct age group.
- Members of the Shine development squads are encouraged to participate in Shine's winter term time cricket programme that offers sessions appropriate for all ages and abilities.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions