Following the successful launches of our Football, Gymnastics and Cricket Development Squads, we are delighted to launch a netball development programme called Shine Hotshots.
Designed to inspire primary aged girls and boys, the Shine Hotshots development programme will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast moving, sociable team sport. Your fee covers all training and matches and includes an exclusive Shine Hotshots training top.
Your fee is for all sessions from January - April.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups.The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Attacking (shooting and build up around the D)
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork and landing with 2 feet)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and team work
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
We will endeavour to plan fixture against other local clubs of equal ability and experience. (Subject to the oppositions availability). All training and fixtures will take place indoors in the Shine Community Sports Hall.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified netball instructors.
- No session on Thursday 21st February for Half Term.
To provide a clear progression pathway, Hotshot squads are divided into three age group squads each of which train on Thursday evenings at Shine Community Sports Hall:
- Level 1 (Years 2 & 3) - Training - 17:00-18:00
- Level 2 (Years 4, 5 & 6) - Training - 18:00-19:00
Each weekly session provides squad members with an opportunity to take participate in organised coaching seesion in a fun and engaging environment. In addition to training, each lead coach will plan a programme of competitive fixtures on a Saturday morning against opposition of a similar age group.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions