Designed to inspire primary aged girls and boys, the Shine Hotshots development programme will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast moving, sociable team sport.
Your fee is for all training and matches through until Thursday 14th July 2022. Please note there is no training during school holidays and your coach will keep you informed about matches. REDUCED TO £44.00 FOR PLAYERS JOINING IN JUNE.
*NEW* we have introduced Direct Debit payments for our Hotshot squads, so you can pay x 2 payments of £22.00 rather than pay upfront. To pay by DD, please check out as usual as the payment screen will allow you to choose DD as your payment option.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Attacking (shooting and build up around the D)
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork and landing with 2 feet)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and team work
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
As long as the guidelines allow, each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s experienced team are first-aid trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified netball instructors.
- Please note we don't offer credit or refunds for missed sessions.
To provide a clear progression pathway, Hotshot squads are divided into age group squads each of which train on Thursday evenings:
- Years 2 & 3 - Training - 17:00-18:00 at the Shine Community Sports Ground
- Years 4 & 5 - Training - 17:00-18:00 at the Shine Community Sports Ground
- Years 6 & 7 - Training - 18:00-19:00 at the Shine Community Sports Ground
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions