Designed to inspire primary aged girls and boys, the Shine Hotshots development programme will benefit those who enjoy being involved in this fast moving, sociable team sport. The Shine Hotshots squad is now part of the Avon Youth League, so training will be on a Thursday with matches taking place on Saturday mornings.
Your fee covers all training and matches and includes an exclusive Shine Hotshots training top if you haven't already got one.
Your fee is for all sessions from Thursday 7th January 2021 - Thursday 11th February 2021
We will always run within the COVID-19 guidelines and with this in mind, I'm afraid no parent are allowed in the sports hall during the activity. There are way way sign in/out systems in place which are signposted on arrival with additional cleaning and hand sanitising stations for the children to sanitise their hands when required.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the squads will include:
- Attacking (shooting and build up around the D)
- Defending (body position and angles)
- Movement (footwork and landing with 2 feet)
- Passing (Chest, bounce and shoulder)
- Pattern of play
- Communication and team work
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
As long as the guidelines allow, each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
We will endeavour to plan fixtures against other local clubs of equal ability and experience. Matches will usually be on a Saturday. (Subject to our opposition's availability). All training and fixtures will take place outdoors at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Sessions are led by experienced, qualified netball instructors.
- Please note we don't offer credit or refunds for our Development Squads.
To provide a clear progression pathway, Hotshot squads are divided into age group squads each of which train on Thursday evenings:
- Years 3 & Year 4 - Training - 17:00-18:00 at The Shine Community Sports Hall
- Years 5, Year 6 & Year 7 - Training - 17:00-18:00 at Coombe Dingle
Any matches arranged will usually be on a Saturday morning.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions