Shine Cubs Cricket's Under 6's development squad provides an exciting opportunity for children of all abilities to develop their cricket skills and knowledge in a supportive and inclusive environment with qualified experienced coaches. Squad places are limited.
The price for the season includes an exclusive 'Shine Junior Cricket Club' shirt and cap.
- Footwear and clothing that are appropriate for the chosen activity.
- Traditional cricket 'whites' (recommended, but not essential)
- Shine Junior Cricket Club shirt (provided)
- Water bottle
- Children are welcome to bring their own cricket equipment but please ensure you remember to take it with you at the end of the session!
Shine Cubs Cricket's U6's development squad season runs from May to July with sessions taking place on Saturday mornings at Golden Hill Sports and Social Club, Wimbledon Rd, Bristol BS6 7YA (home of YMCA CC). If the weather is unsuitable then the squad will relocated to Shine Community Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT ensuring the sessions will ALWAYS take place.
The 12 week coaching programme will involve a combination of match situations, skills drills and cricket themed exercises with an emphasis on healthy fun. Further details on the content of the programme will made available to parents of squad members shortly before the start of the season on Saturday 4th May.
Children who enjoy being part of Shine will have an opportunity to move up through the development age groups in the seasons ahead.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- This activity is available to children from any school, providing they are of the correct age group.
- A 'Star of the Week' award will presented at the end of each activity to a child who has excelled during the session.
- Members of the Shine development squads are encouraged to participate in Shine's winter term time cricket programme that offers sessions appropriate for all ages and abilities.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions