Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and Bristol Saturday Youth league matches that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
The Under 9 Squad is eligible for boys and girls entering Year 4 in September. Book here and pay one subscription for the season. Your subs of £145 includes the following:
- An Official Shine JFC shirt for the season
- New Saturday home ground at Blaise Primary School, Bristol, BS10 7EJ (due to building work at Brentry)
- Saturday matches and all match fees
- Indoor mid-week training sessions
NEWSFLASH - Your end of season presentation will be Friday 26th April. More details to follow from your coach.
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 11.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U9 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing, Heading)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side & Heading)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
As well as friendly matches during term-time Saturdays, the Under 9s will also be involved in the Bristol Saturday Youth League. All Shine teams will be mixed ability throughout the season and rotated so children get to play with different players. The timings are as follows:
- Training Sessions on Saturdays: 10:15–11:15
- Home and Away Matches: 10:15–11:15 (may vary)
- Indoor Mid-week Training on Wednesdays: 18:00-19:00
- A 'Player of the Week' award will be presented at the end of each session
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads
- Squad places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis
- Shine’s professional coaching team are FA level qualified, DBS checked and fully insured
- Parents/carers are encouraged to stay and watch whilst enjoying the tea and coffee facilities
- Squad members will be given a Shine JFC shirt, which must be returned at the end of the season
- Shine JFC will hold an end of season presentation event
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at Blaise School Playing Fields which provides an excellent level grass playing surface with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals. The spacious and secure surroundings offer ample parking, toilet facilities.
Indoor mid-week football coaching takes place at the Shine Community Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions