Following the successful FA launch of the Wildcats girls football programme, Shine are continuing to grow and develop this exciting team sport. Whilst this session is open to girls of all ages, we would encourage our older girls, in years 3-6 to come along to our Tuesday session.
Designed to inspire girls aged between 5 to 11 to become involved in football, the Shine Wildcats provides girls with a regular opportunity to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun and engaging environment. This is to encourage girls who would love to play to come along in a fun, safe, indoor environment with other like minded girls.
Your fee is for all sessions from January - April.
January 6th the Wildcats are going to watch Bristol City Women v Manchester City Women - Please see Lottie to get your tickets.
Shine Wildcats football sessions focus on basic skills and technical work followed by small-sided football matches, so that players can put their new skills into practice!
Sessions takes place at Shine Community Sports Hall and are usually lead by Lottie, who holds FA Level 1 in coaching and FA Youth module Level 1 and other experienced coaches with relevant FA qualifications. Players will be put into appropriate ability groups and have an opportunity to improve all aspects of their football experience including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Controlling the ball with both feet
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game and its laws
- Fair Play - learning to win and lose
Every term we will try to organize friendly matches with local teams of similar ability.
In addition, players will get an opportunity to enjoy some soccer-themed fun games such as penalty shoot-outs, King-of-the-Ring and Robin Hood plus many more.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
- No session on Wednesday 20th February for Half Term.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions