Shine Dance Academy's hugely popular Street Dance workshops provide an energetic platform for children of all abilities and experience to express themselves within a supportive group environment during this fun packed, healthy and sociable day.
Drop off can be at the Shine Community Sports Hall or at Elmlea Junior School.
Should you need it, we are running a free walking bus to Elmlea leaving the Shine Community Sports Hall at 10am sharp. This is a morning service only for children going to Elmlea and children should be collected from their activity venue. Please add walking bus onto your booking as you go through the booking system.
- Clothing that is appropriate for the chosen activity
- Dance leotard (Recommended) - Available to buy at The Shine Shop
- Water bottle - Available to buy at The Shine Shop
- Packed lunch (excluding nut products)
This active and energetic workshop is specifically designed for primary aged children of all abilities, especially those who want to have great fun and learn a popular urban dance style in the process.
Freestyle is a popular form of dance in the UK today. It involves runs, spins, kicks and leaps, as well as many other diverse steps and movements with lots of arm actions and poses. Shine's enthusiastic team of qualified lead instructors will take the group through the basic freestyle moves as well as focusing on creating a short commercial routine that they’ll be able to 'bust out 'onto the dance floor for a live performance at the end of the day to impress friends and family.
- There will be a walking bus available for children from the Shine Community Sports Hall to Elmlea at 10am sharp for parents booking holiday club at 2 locations. There is no walking bus at the end of the day.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Shine Holiday Club's presentation ceremony takes place from 15:45-16:00 every day. A 'Star of the Day' award will presented, in each different holiday club activity, to a child or children who has excelled during the day.
If you are choosing to drive to us, please note the car park at this school is for staff only. Please park on neighbouring streets and walk into the school. The entrance for Shine is the back door at the far end of the school, not the main entrance.
Shine's extended hours service is called 'Working Day Option'. The service allows working parents/carers the option of an early arrival time from 08.00 and/or a late departure time before 18.00. Children attending the extended hours will be supervised by Shine staff and offered a variety of free play outdoor and indoor activities. The cost and time details are as follows:
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions