Shine Mini Football Academy will allow infant aged children to enjoy their day with children of a similar age. Shine's team of qualified and experienced coaches offer supportive football coaching environment for boys and girls of all abilities.
A Shine Football Academy day divides into three core sessions with the focus on basic skills and technical work in the mornings followed by the ever popular small-sided football competitions in the afternoons so that players can put their new skills into practice!
Sessions are always lead by an experienced coaches with relevant FA qualifications. Players will be put into appropriate age and ability groups and have an opportunity to improve all aspects of their football experience including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Controlling the ball with both feet
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game and its laws
- Fair Play - learning to win and lose
In addition, players will get an opportunity to enjoy some soccer-themed fun games such as penalty shoot-outs, King-of-the-Ring and Robin Hood plus many more.
Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Shine Holiday Club's presentation ceremony takes place from 15:50-16:00 every day. A 'Star of the Day' award will presented, in each different holiday club activity, to a child or children who has excelled during the day.
- Children will not be able to participate in this activity without shin pads.
- Morning drop off can be at Elmlea Junior School or Shine Community Sports Hall. A walking bus will escort the children the short distance to Elmlea for the days activities at 10:00 prompt.
- Customers must park safely when dropping off and collecting your child/ren. Do not park on the clearly marked zigzags.
Shine's extended hours service is called 'Working Day Option'. The service allows working parents/carers the option of an early arrival time from 08.00 and/or a late departure time before 18.00. Children attending the extended hours will be supervised by Shine staff and offered a variety of free play outdoor and indoor activities. The cost and time details are as follows:
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions