Outdoor Adventure(Years 3 to 6)
Get in touch with nature
Southville Primary School (Junior Site)
Shine's Outdoor Adventure provision is a memorable experience thanks to the highly qualified Forest Leaders team. We deliver a programme that is an ideal choice for children who like to try new challenges in a sociable environment. The activities are devised into a term long plan of dedicated lessons with chances to build on previous knowledge and learn new skills. These sessions will take place within the security of the school grounds and will be led by a trained instructor.
A big part of Outdoor Adventure is exploring nature whatever the weather. This means boys and girls might get a little wet. So, we recommend the following;
- Some 'old' clothes.
- Lightweight waterproof coat and trousers.
- Hat and gloves (in colder periods)
- Wellies (highly recommended) or old shoes.
- Water bottle
Shine's Outdoor Adventure is a memorable outdoor adventure experience thanks to the experienced Forest Leaders team who deliver an programme that is an ideal choice for children who like to try new challenges in a sociable environment. The activities are planned in a structured free play basis and will take place within the security of the school grounds. Across the day the activities will include:
- Team building games – forge new friendships and strengthen old ones, work together to reach our goals.
- Natural crafts – allow imaginations to blossom, by using natural materials we can create different crafts and artworks.
- Minibeast hunts – go searching around the space and meet the creatures that live on the site.
- Using woodland tools - learn how to use tools safely and build up our dexterity.
- Nature trails and tasks - follow set activities to help explore the natural environment and contribute to the space.
- Survival skills – there will be sessions dedicated to the science and method behind surviving in the wilderness.
- Exploration play – at the end of each session students will be given the opportunity to explore the outdoor space and enjoy self-directed free play activities.
- Please note our cancellation and amendment policy requires 6 days notice to receive a credit or refund.
- Places are limited and bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Shine’s experienced team are first-aid trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- Booking is essential. If you aren't booked on the activity by 12.00 on that day, your child will not be on our register and therefore be taken back to the school office. Late bookings after 12.00 can be made by calling 01174 033 033