Join Shine's Adventure team for an exciting workshop that combines nature, creativity and discovery during a day that focuses on healthy, sociable outdoor fun for children of all ages. Enjoy some fresh air and adventure with Shine.
- Wellies or old boots
- Waterproofs (weather dependent)
- Water bottle - You need to bring more than one drink for the day to ensure you stay hydrated. We are unable to supply water or drinks.
- Packed lunch including all snacks you might want during the day. (No nut products please)
- Clothing that is appropriate for the chosen activity and the weather. Children will have shelter but will be outside all day. Old clothes recommended!
- Sun cream applied before the start of the day if necessary, Shine staff are unable to re-apply sun cream and we would ask if you child needs a top up that you arrange to come back to re-apply. Please cover shoulders if the sun is shining.
- Sun hat/cap. Shine caps will be available to buy on site.
Shine's outdoor adventure area is a memorable outdoor adventure experience thanks to the experienced team who deliver an exciting day long programme that is an ideal choice for children who like to try new challenges. The activities will include:
- Den building - from small scale animal shelters to protection from the elements for the whole group
- Fire lighting - learn the science behind lighting a small fire in the safest way
- Cookery - cooking simple foods on the open fire (please ensure you let us know if your child has any food allergies)
- Nature trails - follow set activities to help explore the natural environment
- Minibeast hunts - meet the creatures that live on the site
- Natural crafts - use natural materials to create hand-made items that are ready to take home
- Safe archery - work with our specially trained staff to test your aim
- Clay modelling
- Please note we run a 48 credit and refund policy at our Holiday Clubs. More information here - Terms & Conditions.
- Shine’s professional team are first aid trained, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Drop off - You may drop off upto 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of your activity. Please follow the signs to your drop off point. Your child will need to use the hand sanitiser on arrival and there will be socially distanced procedures in place.
- After drop off and pick up, please exit the site immediately
- Should the guidelines regarding COVID-19 change, we will adapt, react and communicate accordingly.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions