Shine Junior Football Club's FA qualified coaching team will deliver a combination of training sessions, friendly fixtures and Bristol Saturday Youth league matches that will develop children’s skills, techniques and knowledge of the game in a supportive and professional environment.
Friday 26th April - Your end of season presentation details:
All squads are welcome to arrive at Golden Hill Sports Club, Lime Trees Road, BS6 7XW from 6.00pm for a 6.30pm start where there will be a bar for drinks and a BBQ. The running order is planned to be (which we will try and keep to as much as we can, but this is a very relaxed evening!):
Wildcats - 6:35pm – 6:50pm
U6 - 6:50pm – 7:05pm
U7 - 7:05pm – 7:20pm
U8 - 7:20pm – 7:35pm
Break - 7:35pm – 7:50pm
U9 - 8:05pm – 8:20pm
U10 - 8:20pm – 8:35pm
U11 - 8:35pm- 8:50pm
Players will get the chance to improve their technique in all the essential skills through fun games. These skills will be age appropriate as part of a progression through the age groups from Under 6 to Under 11.
The focus of the weekly sessions for the U10 squad will include:
- Attacking (Shooting, Crossing, Heading)
- Defending (Tackling, Positions, Goal side & Heading)
- Pattern of play (E.g. playing out from the back, wing play and pressing the ball)
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set play pieces
- Ball control (Dribbling, turning, skills & aerial control)
- Matches and rules
- Learning to win and lose
- Long, short, lofted and driven passing
- Team Formations
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the members of the squad will be divided into ability based teams and put their new skills into practice.
In addition to improving the participant’s knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
As well as friendly matches during term-time Saturdays, the Under 10s will also be involved in a friendly local league. All Shine teams will be mixed ability throughout the season and rotated so children get to play with different players. The timings are as follows:
- Saturday Training Sessions: 10:15–11:15
- Home and Away Games: Times vary due to arrangements with the opposition
- Indoor Mid-week Training: Mondays 18:00-19:00
Shine JFC’s home ground is located at Blaise School Playing Fields which provides an excellent level grass playing surface with marked pitches and Football Association approved goals. The spacious and secure surroundings offer ample parking, toilet facilities.
Indoor mid-week football coaching takes place at the Shine Community Sports Hall, Brecon Road, BS9 4DT.
- A 'Player of the Week' award will be presented at the end of each session
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads
- Squad places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis
- Shine’s professional coaching team are FA level qualified, DBS checked and fully insured
- Parents/carers are encouraged to stay and watch whilst enjoying the tea and coffee facilities
- Squad members will be given a Shine JFC shirt, which must be returned at the end of the season
- Shine JFC will hold an end of season presentation event
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions