The FA and SSE have launched an initiative designed to inspire girls aged between 5 - 11 to be involved in football. SSE Wildcats Girls Football Centres provide girls with regular opportunities to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun and engaging environment. Due to success of our Shine Wildcats based in Henleaze, we are delighted to continue the programme to develop our squads.
Designed to encourage girls who have never tried football but would love to play to come along in a fun, safe, indoor environment at the Shine Community Sports Hall with other like minded girls and FA qualified female football coaches.
For our existing squad members, we are delighted to be able to reduce the price to £3.00 per session due to financial support from the FA. The price will move back to payment per block after October Half Term. If you are new to our squads, please contact us for a free trial.
Shine Wildcats football sessions focus on basic skills and technical work followed by small-sided football matches, so that players can put their new skills into practice!
Sessions takes place at Shine Community Sports Hall and are always lead by an experienced coaches with relevant FA qualifications. Players will be put into appropriate ability groups and have an opportunity to improve all aspects of their football experience including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Controlling the ball with both feet
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game and its laws
- Fair Play - learning to win and lose
In addition, players will get an opportunity to enjoy some soccer-themed fun games such as penalty shoot-outs, King-of-the-Ring and Robin Hood plus many more.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions