The FA and SSE have launched an initiative designed to inspire girls aged between 5 - 11 to be involved in football. SSE Wildcats Girls Football Centres provide girls with regular opportunities to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun and engaging environment. Due to success of the Shine Wildcats Squad based in Henleaze, we are delighted to launch this new centre in Bradley Stoke.
Designed to encourage girls who have never tried football but would love to play to come along in a fun, safe environment with other like minded girls and FA qualified female football coaches.
Sign up for all sessions and receive a FREE Wildcats T-Shirt!
Shine Wildcats football sessions focus on basic skills and technical work followed by small-sided football matches, so that players can put their new skills into practice!
Sessions takes place at Wheatfield Primary School and are always lead by an experienced coaches with relevant FA qualifications. Players will be put into appropriate ability groups and have an opportunity to improve all aspects of their football experience including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Controlling the ball with both feet
- Tackling and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game and its laws
- Fair Play - learning to win and lose
In addition, players will get an opportunity to enjoy some soccer-themed fun games such as penalty shoot-outs, King-of-the-Ring and Robin Hood plus many more.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
- Football boots or trainers. Sessions will be played on the grass (weather permitting).
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions