Shine Community Sports Hall – At the heart of the community
Shine Community Sports Hall is a sporting and creative hub for thousands of local people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. The sports hall is managed by Shine Community Sports Hall Limited who have created a friendly and welcoming environment that offers people from across Bristol an affordable and inclusive sports coaching, education training and childcare setting.
The sports hall is also an important resource for local amateur sports clubs, such as several established badminton clubs who have been enjoying the former school sports hall as its base for decades. To encourage diversity, Shine also plays host to a wide range of different groups including an activity club for home schoolers, a weekend skate club and the inspirational Adaptive Martial Arts organisation which runs exercise classes for individuals with ill health, disability or injury.
To manage and deliver our extensive programme, Shine employs a dedicated team of professional sports coaches, training instructors, creative leaders, administrators which is underpinned by a thriving apprenticeship programme.
Here are some of the great services and activities currently on offer:
- Evening, weekend and day time hire
- Adult keep fit classes
- Birthday parties
- First aid & safeguarding training courses
- Pre-school activity sessions
- Holiday club
- Breakfast club
- After school club
- 50+ sessions
- Drop-In free play sessions
- Nursery (launch date to be announced)
- Public events
More great things about Shine
- Shine employ many local people
- Shine are Ofsted registered
- Shine accepts child care vouchers on many of the activities
- Shine is a positive contributor towards Bristol City Council’s Bristol Active City initiative
For further information contact sports hall manager, James Snook at [email protected]